Boiler Grants in London
RE:NEW is the name of a scheme developed by the Mayor of London, London Councils, The Energy Saving Trust and over 30 London Boroughs. The scheme aims to improve the energy efficiency, cut fuel bills and lower CO2 emissions throughout London.
What is on offer from RE:NEW
All residents living in a RE:NEW area will be eligible to receive the following package for free:
- A full home energy survey carried out by a qualified RE:NEW Home Energy Advisor. This takes roughly 90 minutes.
- Tailored energy and water saving advice during the visit to help you save up to £154 on annual energy and water bills.
- A tailor-made energy saving report once the visit is complete.
- A range of free energy saving devices.
- Benefit entitlement and tax credit assessment.
Measures on offer during the visit may include:
- Low energy light bulbs
- Tap aerators
- Radiator panels
- Stand-by switches
- Energy display monitor
- Water efficient showerhead
- Hot water tank Insulation
- Save-a-flush toilet devices
- Shower timer
Boiler Grants from London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council
The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham website confirms that Boiler Grants of up to £2700 are available towards the cost of heating and insulation for residents in receipt of certain benefits. The grants are not provided by the council but by a government agency called the Eaga Partnership.